Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
MAKES: 10-12 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 6 HOURS ON HIGH, 12 HOURS ON LOW HEAT
1 cup dry lentils
1/2 pound carrots, trimmed and diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 medium white onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup water
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
1. Sort lentils, discarding stones and rinse.
2. Place carrots and next 11 ingredients (through black pepper) in a slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on high 5 to 6 hours (on low for 12 hours). Soup is done once lentils are cooked through.
4. To finish, remove bay leaf. Place 2 cups soup in a blender; puree until smooth. Return puree to the slow cooker; stir in to combine.
5. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt; garnish with parsley.
© Copyright 2020 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T