MAKES: 6 HOT DOGS
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
6 all-beef hot dogs
1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup brown mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove hot dogs from packaging; pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Unroll dough into a flat sheet, gently pressing perforations to seal the dough into one large rectangle. Using scissors or a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
3. Wrap hot dogs with strips of dough to create a "mummy" effect, leaving a small opening near the top to appear as a face. To make mini-mummies, cut each hot dog in half; wrap.
4. Place wrapped hot dogs on a parchment-lined baking sheet; coat dough with beaten egg using a pastry brush.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. To decorate: Combine mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Using a toothpick, paint eyes on the hot dog; serve remaining mixture as dipping sauce.
© Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T