Makes: 10 poppers | Prep time: 15 minutes
5 medium jalapeños
½ cup cream cheese, softened
¼ cup red onion, minced
2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 strips bacon
1 teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
1. Using a paring knife, cut each jalapeño in half lengthwise to create space for the cream cheese filling. Remove veins and seeds. If you are sensitive to peppers, wear gloves during this process and remove immediately before touching skin or eyes.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, red onion, 1 teaspoon hot pepper jelly, garlic powder and salt. Stir until smooth. Fill each jalapeño half evenly with cream cheese mixture.
3. Preheat broiler. Place jalapeños in an oven-safe dish; slide into bottom rack of oven. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until jalapeños are wilted, and cream cheese is toasted. Let cool.
4. While jalapeños are broiling, place bacon between two pieces of paper towel; microwave at HIGH on a microwave-safe plate 2 to 3 minutes, checking every 30 seconds, until crispy. Chop into small pieces.
5. Spoon remaining jelly onto jalapeño poppers; top with bacon and chives.
© Copyright 2017 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P[L1] D[0x0] M[300x250] OOP[F] ADUNIT T