OMAHA (DTN) -- Here are the Top 5 things the DTN Newsroom is tracking for the week of Sept. 3. Watch for coverage of these and other topics through the week on our subscription platforms as well as on DTNPF.com.
1. Markets closed Monday: Reminder that commodity markets are closed for the Labor Day weekend on both sides of the U.S./Canada border. Our coverage will pick up late Monday night and DTN subscribers will see updates in our Tuesday Early Word and Before the Bell pieces.
2. Harvest looms: DTN reporters are beginning to hear of fields being opened up in the Corn Belt. Watch for news from the field as it comes in and look for the latest on propane prices and expectations as drying season begins.
3. Land values stay strong: We're continuing to watch land sales after some interesting numbers of late, we'll have additional sales information from the staff and from the pages of Progressive Farmer magazine.
4. Weather eyes shift South: While harvest weather is top of mind, the grain trade is beginning to shift its gaze below the equator as Brazil, Argentina and other South American producers begin to pull planters into the field. Expect continued updates on their weather and prospects from the DTN meteorological team.
5. Seed-buying season: Seed-buying season gets earlier and earlier. The September issue of Progressive Farmer magazine is chock-full of articles to help you think through your choices for next year's seed lineup. Watch for feature stories from that issue in our Top Stories area, and you can review the full issue here: https://www.dtnpf.com/….
Be sure and watch for the latest news at www.dtnpf.com, and follow and like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dtnprogressivefarmer. You can also catch our In the News video feature near the end of each week at https://www.dtnpf.com/….
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.