Top 5 Things to Watch
Weather/Markets Toss and Turn, Ag Summit Series Kicks Off
OMAHA (DTN) -- Here are the Top 5 things the DTN Newsroom is tracking for the week of February 26. Watch for coverage of these and other topics throughout the week on our subscription platforms as well as on DTNPF.com.
1. Ag Summit Series preps you for spring: This week we'll kick off our new Ag Summit virtual event series, created on the heels of our successful virtual Summit in December. The online event kicks off on the morning of Feb. 28, and will feature the latest on fuel and fertilizer prices and supplies, plus an update on spring weather and market expectations. It's free, just a quick registration to get you onto our Ag Summit Series platform and log in Tuesday morning. Register here: https://whova.com/…
2. Where will commodity prices go next? After a drop in corn and soybean prices at the end of the past week, the DTN analyst team is closely watching how markets respond through the coming week. Demand for all grains remains relatively strong, driving DTN Lead Analyst Todd Hultman to call for paying attention through early spring for forward pricing opportunities. DTN subscribers can learn more from our Six Factors Strategy commentaries found in the Markets sections of our digital platforms. For his latest Todd's Take column, which discusses corn sales in particular, see here: https://www.dtnpf.com/…
3. Another Weather System Cometh: Much of the northern and inter-mountain west is still recovering from the wintery snowfall last week, but another system is on the way. By Sunday it will reach the Plains, producing widespread showers and thunderstorms, some of which are likely to be severe, according to DTN Ag Meteorologist John Baranick. The front part of the week could see more wintry mixes, making outdoor chores a hassle.
4. Latest on the ethanol saga: DTN reporter Todd Neeley will be at the National Ethanol Conference in Orlando. Look for updates on EPA renewable fuels policies and thoughts on how the war in Ukraine and other events are shaping the industry.
5. The constant watch on dicamba: It's late winter, do you know what's on your dicamba label? The DTN crops team is continuing to monitor the rumors and responses to last week's announcement of EPA pushing postemergence cutoff dates. We'll have the latest as it happens.
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.