SKILLET BEEF NACHOS
One plate of these may not be enough.
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
8 ounces lean ground beef
1 cup white onion, diced
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
10 ounces tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
Toppings: sour cream, nacho jalapeno, cilantro, diced avocado
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef, diced onion and taco seasoning, stirring to break into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink (about 10 minutes). Transfer cooked beef to a plate.
2. Preheat oven to broil. Settle half the chips into the skillet; sprinkle with half the cheese and beef. Top with remaining chips, cheese and beef.
3. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with desired toppings and divide among plates; serve.
So good and it's super easy to make and store.
MAKES: 3 CUPS
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
2 (14.4-ounce) cans fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1/2 white onion, quartered
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients; pulse until finely chopped. Taste and adjust seasonings.
2. Allow to chill 30 minutes before serving. Salsa will keep in the fridge up to five days.
© (c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.