SKILLET BEEF NACHOS
One plate of these may not be enough.
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
8 ounces lean ground beef
1 cup white onion, diced
3 tablespoons taco seasoning
10 ounces tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
Toppings: sour cream, nacho jalapeno, cilantro, diced avocado
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef, diced onion and taco seasoning, stirring to break into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink (about 10 minutes). Transfer cooked beef to a plate.
2. Preheat oven to broil. Settle half the chips into the skillet; sprinkle with half the cheese and beef. Top with remaining chips, cheese and beef.
3. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with desired toppings and divide among plates; serve.
So good and it's super easy to make and store.
MAKES: 3 CUPS
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
2 (14.4-ounce) cans fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1/2 white onion, quartered
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients; pulse until finely chopped. Taste and adjust seasonings.
2. Allow to chill 30 minutes before serving. Salsa will keep in the fridge up to five days.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.