SAFETY TIP OF THE MONTH:
Now that it is time to decide where you will store your round bales of hay, be careful when keeping them secure using an electric fence. My father-in-law got in the habit of using an electric fence for storing round bales, and this idea set the bales of hay on fire. What happened was unusual but could happen to you. A grasshopper landed on the fence, was shocked to death and stayed on the fence. A spark began arching from the grasshopper to the corner of a round bale of hay and dead grass. He lost 200 rolls.
-- Write Steve Thompson at Ask The Mechanic, 2204 Lakeshore Dr., Suite 415, Birmingham, AL 35209, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.