Chipotle Chicken Burritos
Wrap burritos in foil to keep them warm, and serve toppings separately.
MAKES: 2 LARGE BURRITOS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
3/4 cup cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 large (burrito sized) flour tortillas
1/2 cup refried pinto beans
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
For serving: guacamole, hot sauce, salsa
1. Mix sour cream and chipotle in a small bowl. Add chicken; toss chicken to coat.
2. Combine rice, lime juice and cilantro.
3. Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat; add tortilla. Warm for about 1 minute on both sides.
4. Transfer tortilla to a flat surface. In center of tortilla, make a 4-inch wide rectangle of refried beans. Top with chicken, rice and cheese, piling toppings toward the center.
5. Roll burrito, tucking in sides of the tortilla; roll from the bottom while tucking all toppings inside burrito.
6. Place burrito back on the griddle for 2 minutes, seam-side down, or until burrito is sealed.
7. Repeat with remaining tortilla and fillings.
8. To keep warm, wrap in aluminum foil; serve with guacamole, hot sauce or salsa, if desired.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.