Don't know what to do with leftover cranberries? Try this syrup for sodas or cocktails.
MAKES: 1 COCKTAIL
1/2 cup fresh chopped ginger (peel removed)
1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
1 cup sugar
1â??1/2 cups water
1. Place all ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat to a simmer; cook 15 minutes or until berries break down and syrup is thick and glossy.
3. Strain out solids.
4. Store in an airtight container up to a month.
1 tablespoon cranberry-ginger syrup
8 ounces ginger beer
1 ounce vodka (optional)
Fresh cranberries for garnish
Fresh rosemary for garnish
1. Fill a tall glass with ice; pour in Cranberry-Ginger Syrup.
2. Top with ginger beer and vodka (if desired).
3. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.