It is downright scary the similarities grain has to quicksand. In a matter of seconds, one can become entrapped in grain and, in less than a minute, be fully submerged. Curiosity, size, strength and lack of experience are major causes of injuries and fatalities for young children. Through hands-on activities and demonstrations, we strongly emphasize the following to participants at Progressive Agriculture Safety Days:
1. Always stay out of flowing grain.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T
2. Never walk or play in or around stored grain.
3. Never enter a grain bin, wagon or truck.
4. Stay away from a grain bin while the unloading auger
or vacuum/suction tube is operating.
5. If there is an emergency involving grain, be sure to turn off any equipment that is causing the grain to flow or move. This will stop the person from being pulled further underneath the grain. Call for help immediately. Never attempt to pull someone out of grain on your own.
Find Us Online:
> Visit progressiveag.org or call us at 888-257-3529 for a complete list of all upcoming 2020 Progressive Agriculture Safety Days (many are now VIRTUAL) or to see how you can host a Safety Day during 2021 or 2022.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.