TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
6 large eggs
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Warm, crusty bread for serving
1. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat; add cumin, paprika and chili powder, allowing oil to bloom the spices and bring out their flavors (about 30 seconds).
2. Add onion and garlic; cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
3. Add tomatoes (with juices); season with salt, pepper and sugar. Cover and simmer until tomatoes have cooked down and thickened (about 15 minutes).
4. Heat oven to 375°F. Using a spoon, make six indentations in the tomato sauce. Gently crack eggs into holes; season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer skillet to the oven; bake until eggs are just set (about 8 to 10 minutes).
6. Garnish with feta cheese and fresh parsley; serve with warm bread.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.