Balsamic Tomato Skillet Chicken
Makes: 3-4 SERVINGS
Total Time: 30 MINUTES
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound cherry tomatoes
1 small white onion, sliced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
Fresh basil (garnish)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat; sear chicken until dark golden brown (about 6 minutes each side). Transfer chicken to a dish; set aside (chicken will finish cooking later).
3. Add remaining olive oil, tomatoes and onion slices to pan; cook without stirring. After tomatoes are slightly blistered (about 5 minutes), lower heat; add balsamic vinegar, garlic and vegetable stock, stirring to deglaze pan and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom.
4. Add chicken back to pan; transfer to oven to cook another 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are softened and tomatoes are wilted.
5. Transfer chicken to serving platter. Finish sauce by stirring butter into the tomato mixture to incorporate.
6. Serve chicken with sauce; garnish with torn basil. This dish works well with buttered pasta and a simple side salad.
Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T