Cozy mornings call for sweet and fruity pancakes stacked high with plenty of butter and syrup.
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled (plus more for the pan)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of 1 small lemon
1 pint blueberries
1. Heat large frying pan over medium-low heat.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add milk, butter, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest; whisk until no dry flour remains (batter will be lumpy). Allow batter to rest.
3. Add a small pat of butter to the pan; allow it to melt. Drop batter by 1/4 cups onto the pan; scatter with 1 tablespoon berries. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter to the pan, as needed.
4. Cook pancakes until bubbles rise to the surface (about 2 to 3 minutes); flip. Cook until the second side of the pancake is golden brown.
5. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter; keep warm in a 200°F oven. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.