Serves: 6–8 | Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
2 small bell peppers, one red and one yellow
1 small eggplant
1 small red onion
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
1⁄3 cup chopped black olives
4 ounces Genoa salami, cubed
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1. Prepare tortellini to package directions. Drain; let cool in fridge.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Or, prepare outdoor grill by bringing heat to medium-high fire and oiling grates.
3. Remove stems from bell peppers; cut in half and remove seeds. Cut into thick wedges. Trim stem from eggplant; cut into ½-inch slices. Trim stem from onion; remove skin. Cut into ½-inch slices.
4. Grill vegetables on both sides until marks appear (about 5 minutes per side). Transfer to a cutting board; chop into rough pieces. Sprinkle with kosher salt; let cool.
5. Toss tortellini and vegetables in a large bowl. Add salad dressing; toss to coat. Top with olives, salami and parsley. Let chill at least two hours; toss before serving.
For more recipes visit: www.stupidgoodrachel.com
© Copyright 2018 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P[L1] D[0x0] M[300x250] OOP[F] ADUNIT T