Makes 6 pastries | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (such as Pillsbury)
1/2 cup blackberry preserves (or other preferred fruit preserves)
1 egg, beaten
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Decorating sprinkles (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Unroll pie crusts and place on a clean, lightly floured surface. Roll out crusts slightly and cut each crust into six even rectangles, about 2x4”. Discard extra dough, or reserve for another use.
3. Place about 1 tablespoon preserves in the center of 6 rectangles, and spread jam out to within â…“” inch of the edge of the dough. Brush each edge lightly with egg and top with another rectangle of dough. Use a fork to crimp the squares together, sealing in the jam.
4. Carefully move filled pastries to the prepared baking sheets and use a paring knife to make small slits in the pastry for ventilation. Brush pastries with remaining egg.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until pastries are browned. Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Glaze each pastry with preferred amount of glaze and garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Let glaze set in fridge for 15 minutes and serve.
For more recipes visit: www.stupidgoodrachel.com
© Copyright 2018 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P[L1] D[0x0] M[300x250] OOP[F] ADUNIT T