A childhood lunchbox favorite meets decadent brownies, perfect for bake sales and special occasions, or as a last-minute dessert made from the pantry.
Makes: 18 large brownies | Cook Time: 40 minutes
Nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
P[L1] D[0x0] M[300x250] OOP[F] ADUNIT T
½ cup powdered sugar
2 (18.5-ounce) brownie mixes*, batter prepared to package directions
1 cup pretzels
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; line the bottom with parchment paper, if desired.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter, melted butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. If the mixture seems too stiff, microwave 30 seconds or until it loosens up a bit.
3. Pour brownie batter into the pan, smoothing it with a rubber spatula. Spoon peanut butter mixture on top of brownie batter, swirling it with a butter knife to create a marbling effect.
4. Arrange pretzels in an even layer on top of peanut butter mixture.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the middle is set. Let cool 20 minutes; cut into squares.
* Note: Ghirardelli is my preferred brownie mix in this recipe. The chocolate chips in the batter make for an exceptionally fudgy treat.
For more recipes visit: www.stupidgoodrachel.com
© Copyright 2018 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.