Serves: 6--8 | Prep Time: 25 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1/3 cup fresh tomato salsa
1/2 pound mini sweet peppers, stems trimmed and sliced into rings
6 to 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh cilantro, garnish
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until translucent and soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Add turkey to pan; sprinkle with seasoning. Cook until brown, stirring to break up large pieces. Once turkey is cooked, add salsa; heat through, cooking until most liquid evaporates.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl; set aside.
4. Wipe out pan with a paper towel; bring it back up to medium-high heat. Add remaining oil; swirl pan to coat. Add peppers in a single layer; allow them to blister in the hot pan (about 1 minute). Turn heat down; cook until softened (about 3 minutes). Add peppers to turkey mixture.
5. Heat tortillas in the microwave or on a dry skillet until warmed through. Fill tortillas with turkey mixture; top with cheese and cilantro.
Click here to see more of Rachel's recipes www.stupidgoodrachel.com
© Copyright 2018 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.