Makes: 12 bars
Prep time: 30 minutes, plus 2 hours cooling time
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Spray an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; spread oats in an even layer. Toast in the oven 10 minutes or until fragrant and slightly browned.
3. In a small saucepan, heat peanut butter and honey until melted, stirring to combine.
4. Combine cereal, nuts, cranberries, salt, oats and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl until ingredients are coated. Press mixture into prepared pan; let set until firm (10 to 15 minutes).
5. Cut into bars; wrap in plastic wrap. Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Copyright 2018 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.