Makes: about 16 Mini Caramel Apples | Prep time: 30 minutes
2 large Granny Smith apples
Decorative toothpicks or candy sticks
1 pound caramel candies
2 tablespoons heavy cream
Toppings (chopped peanuts, sea salt, sprinkles, pretzel pieces, etc.)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and dry apples. Use a melon baller to scoop out small balls of apple, skin on. Transfer to a plate (skin side down).
2. Insert toothpicks or candy sticks into the tops of each apple.
3. Combine caramels and cream in a small saucepot. Melt over medium-low heat until smooth (about 5 minutes).
4. Dip each apple ball into caramel, coating completely. As you go, dip caramel-coated balls into desired toppings.
5. Cool fully on parchment paper (about 10 minutes); serve.
© Copyright 2017 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.