Makes: 12 sandwiches
Total prep and cooking time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
You’ll need one batch of cookie dough (recipe below) and a quart of vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ cups chocolate chunks
1. Beat sugars and butter on high 5 minutes or until a pale, fluffy consistency. Add vanilla and eggs; mix until combined.
2. One scoop at a time, add flour and baking soda. When mixture is on the verge of incorporating, throw in chocolate chunks.
3. Chill dough at least 1 hour, or up to 12 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F; line an 11 x 17-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
5. Carefully spread dough evenly into pan; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 30 minutes.
6. Gently lift the sheet of baked cookie dough out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut the sheet in half lengthwise for two, 11 x 8.5-inch sheets.
7. Spread ice cream evenly on top of one sheet of cookies; top with remaining sheet to make a sandwich. Press gently; wrap tightly in plastic. Freeze at least 45 minutes.
8. Use a sharp, clean knife to cut squares (roughly 2.5 x 2.5-inches in size) to get 12 sandwiches. Serve immediately or freeze for later.
© Copyright 2017 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.