No ice cream machine? No problem! You can make decadent, creamy treats without the fancy equipment. Simply whip cream to stiff peaks and fold in a can of sweetened condensed milk. Then stir in toppings and flavors. Let your imagination be your guide. Here's one version sure to please all the ice cream lovers in the family.
Makes: about 4 cups ice cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chilling Time: 5 hours
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
2 cups cold, heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 peppermint patties (such as York), chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and peppermint extract.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric stand or hand mixer to beat cream on high until stiff peaks form (about 2 minutes).
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.
4. Sprinkle in chocolate and peppermint patty pieces.
5. Smooth into a 4 1/2-inch x 8 1/2-inch loaf pan.
6. Freeze until firm (about 5 hours).
For more recipes visit: www.stupidgoodrachel.com.
© Copyright 2017 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.