As the weather begins too cool, mix up a pot of this creamy, comforting pumpkin pasta.
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
MAKES: 5-6 servings
1 pound rigatoni pasta
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ounce crumbled pancetta
6 large sage leaves
1 1/2 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
Preparation and cooking:
1. Prepare the pasta in salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain water; set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add pancetta to pan. Cook until crisped (about 5 minutes). Transfer pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate.
3. Add sage to the skillet, allowing it to fry in butter fat until crispy and golden (about 30 seconds per side). Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate.
4. Take skillet off heat; add Alfredo sauce, pumpkin puree and cheese, whisking until combined and smooth.
5. Add rigatoni, tossing to coat. Transfer to an oven-safe dish; broil until top is golden brown (about 5 minutes). Top with pancetta, sage leaves and crushed red pepper.
-- Follow Rachel on Instagram @racheltherecipe
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.