Homemade Candy Bar Treats
Dates, peanuts and chocolate combine for a tasty, guilt-free treat that has the flavor of store-bought candy bars.
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
MAKES: 12 Candies
12 medjool dates, pitted
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
10 ounces dark chocolate chips
2 teaspoons coconut oil
Flaky salt, for topping (optional)
PREPARATION AND COOKING:
1.Line a small plate with parchment paper.
2. If dates are not already sliced and pitted, use a small knife to cut one side, gently split them open and remove the pits.
3. Using the end of a kitchen knife, spread peanut butter onto one side of the date. Use a piping bag to get more filling inside the date.
4. Top peanut butter with chopped peanuts; close date using a toothpick to secure.
5. Transfer dates to the freezer to chill (at least 15 minutes).
6. Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl; cook in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully melted.
7. Use toothpicks to dip dates into chocolate; cover completely. Transfer to parchment to set. Repeat with remaining dates.
8. Drizzle with extra chocolate and chopped nuts, if desired.
9. Chill in freezer at least 15 minutes.
-- Follow Rachel on Instagram @racheltherecipe
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.