Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
This scrumptious entree is a delicious and elegant meal featuring the unbeatable combination of shrimp, garlic, butter and Parmesan.
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 3-4 servings
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup diced white onion
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound medium shrimp, trimmed and deveined
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked to package directions
2 tablespoons chopped parsley (if desired)
PREPARATION AND COOKING:
1. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until soft and translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic; cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
2. Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet; saute 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
3. Transfer shrimp to a plate; set aside.
4. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add cream, Parmesan, cornstarch and remaining salt; whisk until smooth, scraping any browned bits off bottom of pan.
5. Simmer over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is creamy and thick.
6. Toss hot pasta with sauce and shrimp; garnish with parsley, if desired.
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.