Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Pair a buttery cookie with a bright jam for this addictive treat.
MAKES: 2 DOZEN COOKIES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
2. In a large bowl fitted with a hand mixer, combine butter and sugar; mix on medium-high speed until fluffy (about 5 minutes).
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
5. Chill dough 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls. Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball; fill with about 3/4 teaspoon of jam.
9. Bake cookies about 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
10. Cool completely on a wire rack.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.