Baked Italian Meatballs
Add a little pasta, and have a rounded-out meal with this fun to make and fun to eat dish.
MAKES: 12 MEATBALLS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Marinara or pesto sauce of choice, for serving
1. Cover a baking sheet with foil; set a baking rack into the sheet. Coat rack with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk for 10 minutes.
3. Add beef and remaining ingredients to the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Mix until just combined (don't overmix).
5. Chill meatball mixture at least 30 minutes.
6. Use a large cookie scoop to make meatballs about 2 inches in size.
7. Place meatballs about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking rack.
8. Bake until browned and cooked through (about 20 minutes).
9. Serve with your favorite sauce.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.