Roasted Turkey Thighs and Drumsticks
Faster and easier than cooking a whole bird, this turkey also retains all the aroma and flavor.
MAKES: 5 to 6 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
4 turkey thighs, about 2 pounds
2 turkey legs, about 1 pound
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 medium yellow onion, quartered
1 pound small potatoes
6 whole cloves garlic
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
Lemon wedges for serving
1. Pat turkey thighs and legs dry. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with 3 teaspoons salt, pepper and thyme.
2. Heat oven to 475°F. Toss onion, potatoes and garlic in a shallow baking dish that can hold the turkey in a single layer. Add remaining olive oil and salt; toss.
3. Add turkey thighs and legs in a single layer. Nestle rosemary into the turkey.
4. Pour chicken stock and wine into the bottom of the pan, being careful not to wash seasonings off turkey.
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and juices run clear.
6. Transfer turkey and potatoes to a plate to rest. Heat remaining juices on the stove over high heat (transfer to a small pot if using a glass dish); cook 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
7. Serve turkey with sauce, potatoes and lemons.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.