These soft cookies might look scary, but they are really sweet.
MAKES: 2 DOZEN COOKIES
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 block cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box white cake mix (16.25 ounces)
Food coloring (green, purple, orange)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in cake mix; divide batter into bowls for different colors (there are no limits -- only your imagination).
3. Stir food coloring into each bowl.
4. Chill dough 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F; line two cookie sheets with parchment.
6. Scoop cookie dough; roll each cookie in powdered sugar. Place cookies two inches apart on the parchment.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and just browned.
8. While still warm, press candy eyeballs into surface of cookies.
9. Allow to cool completely; enjoy. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
*Look in the cake-decorating aisle of your grocery store for candy eyeballs, or check for them in an arts and crafts store.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.