JUST-LIKE-TAKEOUT BEEF & BROCCOLI
Enjoy a quick and easy version of the classic Chinese dish.
MAKES: 3-4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
1 cup low-sodium soy sauce, divided
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1 pound sirloin steak, sliced thinly against the grain
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 cups broccoli florets
Sesame seeds for garnish
1. To prepare marinade: In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch; whisk well. Add steak; toss to coat. Marinate at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Drain marinade from steak; cook steak in a single layer, being careful not to overlap. Place steak on a plate; set aside.
4. Add garlic to pan; cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds); add remaining soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. Add chicken stock; bring mixture to a simmer until thickened.
5. Add broccoli; cover and steam until tender (about 5 minutes).
6. Add beef back to skillet; toss to coat.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds; serve with rice.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.