These savory muffins will delight even those who lean more toward a sweet tooth.
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 6 muffins
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 small white onion, chopped
1 large egg
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix (such as Bisquick)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives
PREPARATION AND COOKING:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F; grease a muffin tin.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add onions; cook until translucent (about 6 to 8 minutes). Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add egg and milk; whisk until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, add baking mix, paprika and onion powder. Stir in egg mixture; mix until just combined. Fold in the cheese, onions and chopped chives.
5. Scoop batter into 6 greased muffin cups. Melt remaining butter; brush tops of muffins.
6. Bake muffins about 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Serve warm. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to three days.
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.