Leftover Turkey Casserole
Take those remnants from Thanksgiving dinner and make them shine again in this tasty dish.
Total Time: 50 minutes
2 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
2 cups cooked white rice
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables of choice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
PREPARATION AND COOKING:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 9-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, rice, onion, soup, vegetables, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into the casserole dish; spread into an even layer.
4. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and olive oil; stir. Top casserole with breadcrumb mixture; season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake casserole for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.