Skip the mess of a burrito by placing all the tasty ingredients into a handmade shell.
TOTAL TIME: 15 Minutes
MAKES: 2 Servings
1 cup Cilantro Lime Rice (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
2 Baked Burrito Bowls (see recipe below)
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
Sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo and cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare Cilantro Lime Rice (see recipe below); set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine chipotles, sour cream, cilantro and salt; toss with shredded chicken.
3. Assemble bowls: Distribute rice, chicken and corn evenly into Baked Burrito Bowls. Top with desired amount of sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo and cilantro.
-- BAKED BURRITO BOWLS
What You'll Need:
Two small, oven-proof bowls
Burrito-sized flour tortillas (at least 10 inches)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Invert bowl onto a baking tray. Center tortilla on top of the bowl; gently press to shape. Coat with cooking spray; set second bowl on top. Bake 5 minutes or until tortilla holds its shape. Remove top bowl; bake for another 3 to 5 minutes or until desired crispness. Allow to cool completely before filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
-- CILANTRO LIME RICE
Add this side to your burrito bowl to give it a punch of flavor.
MAKES: 3-4 Servings
TOTAL TIME: 25 Minutes
1 cup extralong grain rice, rinsed
2 cups water
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 lime, juiced
1. In a small pot, combine rice, water, 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; cover 20 minutes. Turn off heat completely; let stand 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil.
4. Fluff rice with a fork, gently fold into cilantro-lime mixture and serve.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.