Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Add a touch of spice and icing to a family favorite.
MAKES: 12 PANCAKES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1. For the swirl: Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix until smooth. Spoon into a small resealable bag; cut off a corner. Set aside.
2. For the pancakes: Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add milk, vanilla and eggs; whisk until just combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into skillet; allow to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until edges begin to brown and a few bubbles appear on the surface.
4. Starting from the middle of the batter, squeeze the resealable bag to create a swirl of the cinnamon mixture onto the surface of the pancake, being careful to leave at least 1 inch of space along the edges.
5. Gently flip with a spatula; cook 1 more minute.
6. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet, as needed.
7. For the icing: Combine confectioners' sugar, butter and milk in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth; set aside.
8. Drizzle pancakes with icing; serve hot.
* Looking for a shortcut? Use your favorite pancake mix and add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the batter.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.