This classic recipe pairs a rich cookie with a semisweet chocolate.
MAKES: 1 DOZEN COOKIES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 to 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Festive sprinkles, if desired
1. In a large bowl fitted with a hand mixer, combine butter, sugar and vanilla; mix until just combined.
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour and salt; add to butter mixture. Beat on low until dough starts to come together.
3. Dump dough onto a surface; pat into a flat disk in a rough rectangular shape. Wrap in plastic; chill 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Slice dough into 1/2-inch planks; place on a parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. In a small bowl, microwave chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is just melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
8. Drizzle cooled cookie with chocolate; garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Allow to set in the fridge 10 minutes.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.