Grilled Mojo Marinated Steak
Citrus helps tenderize and flavor this less-expensive cut of beef.
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 pound skirt steak
1 small yellow onion, halved
1 jalapeno (optional)
1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
1 orange, cut into wedges, for serving
1. To make marinade: Combine lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Place skirt steak in a resealable bag.
3. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade; set aside.
Pour remaining marinade into the bag; gently shake
4. Transfer bag to refrigerator; marinate at least 30 minutes or up to three hours.
5. Prepare grill. Clean and dry the grates; heat to medium-high.
6. Remove meat from refrigerator and bag; pat dry with paper towels.
7. Place onions and jalapeno on hot side of the grill until charred (about 5 to 7 minutes).
8. Grill skirt steak on hot side of the grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until well charred and a meat thermometer reaches 130°F.
9. Transfer steak to a large plate and tent with foil; allow to rest 10 minutes.
10. Pour remaining marinade over steak.
11. Slice and serve with lime and orange wedges.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.