Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Throw this in to cook in the morning for an easy and delicious dinner.
MAKES: 6-8 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 8 HOURS
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 boneless pork shoulder roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 dozen sweet Hawaiian rolls
1 cup sliced pickles, for serving
1. In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and brown sugar; stir.
2. Add water and vinegar to the bottom of a slow cooker.
3. Rub spice mixture on all sides of pork roast.
4. Cook on low 7 to 8 hours (or on high 3 to 4 hours) until pork shreds easily with a fork.
5. Transfer pork to a cutting board; rest until cool enough to handle.
6. Using two forks, shred pork into bite-sized pieces. Transfer back to slow cooker; mix with barbecue sauce.
7. Serve pork on rolls with pickles and additional sauce.
(c) Copyright 2021 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.