Recipes - Gingerbread Granola
Eat it by the handful or with milk or yogurt as a morning pick-me-up.
MAKES: 5 CUPS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1â??1/2 cups mixed raw nuts (almonds, pecans, etc.)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/4 cup dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine oats, nuts, salt and pumpkin-pie spice in a small bowl.
3. Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl; heat 30 seconds, stirring to dissolve sugar. Toss with oats and nuts mixture.
4. Spread granola evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake 20 minutes. Stir halfway through the cook time. Granola is done when evenly golden brown.
5. Allow to cool completely; toss in cranberries, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.