SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
Cozy up with this one-pan dish that pairs well with warm sauerkraut and rye bread.
MAKES: 3-4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
1 medium onion, sliced
3 medium bell peppers, sliced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
1 pound smoked German sausage, sliced lengthwise
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Stone-ground mustard for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toss onion and peppers with oil.
3. Season with salt, garlic powder, pepper and rosemary.
4. Place in an oven-proof pan.
5. Place sausage on top of vegetables; top with apple cider vinegar.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft and caramelized.
7. Serve warm with mustard.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.