CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD
MAKES: 6-8 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a 9- × 9-inch pan with nonstick spray; line with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; whisk well.
4. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, oil and orange juice; whisk until smooth.
5. Pour wet ingredients into large bowl; fold until just mixed and no dry spots remain. Fold in half of chocolate chips.
6. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan; top with remaining chocolate chips.
7. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool completely; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Note: Rather make a loaf? Use a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan, and increase bake time by 10 minutes.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T