SUMMER PEACH HAND PIES
Make these ahead for a perfect picnic treat that travels well.
MAKES: 5 HAND PIES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
1 (9-inch) pie crust, rolled out
1 1/3 cups chopped ripe peaches (about 2 small peaches)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a small bowl or a large biscuit cutter as a guide, cut rolled-out pie crust into four (4-inch) circles. Gather the rest of the dough; roll it out to form one more circle.
3. Combine peaches, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
4. Spoon about 2 tablespoons peach mixture onto each dough circle leaving a quarter-inch border.
5. Fold circles in half; crimp edges with a fork to seal.
6. Using a sharp paring knife, cut a slit on top of each pie to vent.
7. Place pies on a parchment-lined baking sheet; brush with beaten egg.
8. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown; cool before serving.
(c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.