Cinnamon Swirl Bread
MAKES: 1 LOAF
TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS
ACTIVE TIME: 40 MINUTES
1 cup whole milk, warmed
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4-ounce packet rapid-rise yeast
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, room temperature, divided
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, combine milk, butter and yeast; stir and allow to sit at least 5 minutes. In another bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. Using the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix two eggs and sugar on
medium-high speed (about 1 minute); add milk mixture to combine.
3. With mixer running, add flour mixture by the spoonful. When a shaggy dough forms, switch to the dough hook; knead 10 minutes at medium speed. Dough should be soft and sticky, but not overly tacky.
4. Grease a large bowl; add ball of dough. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; set aside to rise (at least two hours or until doubled in size).
5. Turn dough out onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Roll into a long rectangle (no wider than the pan).
6. Smear surface with softened butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle into an even layer over the butter-smeared dough.
7. Starting at the far end, roll dough tightly, keeping the cinnamon sugar contained. You can also use a bench scraper to help coax the dough into a roll. Pinch the seam to seal. Place in a greased loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise another hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk remaining egg in a small bowl; gently brush it over loaf.
9. Bake loaf on middle rack for 40 minutes.
10. Allow bread to cool on rack for at least one hour before slicing.
© (c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T