TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 (4-ounce) stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 large package regular peanut butter cups (2.8 ounces) or 1 small package miniature peanut butter cups (2.5 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil; lightly coating with cooking spray.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave 30 seconds. Stir. If not completely melted, heat in 10-second intervals, stirring in between; don't overheat. Set aside to cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, baking powder, eggs and vanilla; stir well. Add cooled chocolate mixture; whisk. Stir in flour until just incorporated. Add peanut butter; stir.
4. Cut up peanut butter cups; add to bowl, stirring gently to disperse throughout the batter.
5. Bake 27 to 30 minutes or until the center is set; cool at least 1 hour.
6. Cut to serve; store in an airtight container up to three days.
Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T