These delightfully decadent cheesecake bars are perfect for bake sales or family gatherings. No springform pan required.
Makes: 12 bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30–40 minutes
1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
16 ounces (2 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. To make crust: Stir together crumbs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter; press mixture into bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish using the bottom of a flat cup or measuring cup. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
3. Remove crust from the oven; cool 5 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
4. To make filling: Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl; stir until smooth. Add cream, eggs, vanilla and zest; mix until combined, scraping sides and bottom of bowl while mixing.
5. Spoon filling into crust; bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set.
6. Let bars cool in pan; set on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.