GRILLED CHICKEN AND PEACHES
Don’t skip the marinade; it makes the chicken moist and adds flavor.
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES PLUS OVERNIGHT MARINATE
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/3 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette
3 ripe but firm peaches, pitted and cut into wedges
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1. Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag; add vinaigrette, rolling chicken gently in bag to coat completely in marinade. Chill preferably overnight but for at least 2 hours.
2. Allow chicken to come to room temperature at least 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate, discarding any extra marinade.
3. In a bowl, toss peaches in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
4. Heat grill to medium-high heat; brush grates with remaining oil. Grill chicken until cooked through (about 5 to 6 minutes per side). Grill peaches until slightly charred (about 2 minutes per side).
5. Allow chicken to rest at least 10 minutes before serving with peaches. Garnish chicken with parsley.
© Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T