Streusel topping takes these muffins to the next level.
MAKES: 12 Muffins
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 20 Minutes
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F; place paper liners in a 12-count muffin tin.
2. To make the streusel topping, combine sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; stir in melted butter and then flour. Mix well; set aside.
3. To make the muffin batter, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add egg, milk and melted butter. Whisk ingredients until just combined.
4. Spoon muffin batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Top each muffin evenly with the streusel topping (about 2 tablespoons).
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.