ROASTED PORK RIBS
Slow cooking guarantees these ribs will be fall-off-the-bone good.
MAKES: 2-3 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES
1 rack baby back pork ribs (about 2 pounds)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
Green onions for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. To prepare ribs, remove ribs from packaging; pat dry. Remove thin membrane across bones on ribs with a small, sharp knife; peel off.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over ribs. Place ribs on a sheet of aluminum foil; wrap tightly. Place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake ribs until tender (about 3 hours).
5. To prepare barbecue sauce, combine barbecue sauce, minced garlic, bourbon, 2 tablespoons water and hot sauce (if using) in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened (about 15 minutes).
6. Remove ribs from oven; increase heat to 400°F.
7. Carefully open foil; drain juices. Brush ribs lightly with sauce; bake another 10 minutes or until sauce caramelizes.
8. Serve with more sauce; garnish with green onions.
© (c) Copyright 2020 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T