Toasted coconut is the perfect final touch.
MAKES: 2 DOZEN COOKIES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES,
PLUS 30 MINUTES CHILLING TIME
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (3.3-ounce) bar of chocolate (milk or dark), chopped
1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut, toasted
1. Combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and flour; mix slowly until a crumbly dough forms.
2. Turn dough out onto a clean counter; shape
into a ball. Wrap with saran wrap; chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Roll dough out into a 1/2-inch sheet. Cut into 3-inch circles. Repeat with remaining dough, gathering scraps and rolling out more as necessary until all the dough is used.
5. Place cookies onto prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned. Cool on baking trays at least 5 minutes; transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
7. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Microwave chocolate in a small bowl in 30-second increments as necessary, stirring in between to achieve a smooth, pourable consistency. Dip completely cooled cookies in melted chocolate; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Allow to set on wax paper (about 20 minutes).
© Copyright 2020 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
P D[x] M[x] OOP[F] ADUNIT T