Iran Stops Visas for Americans

Iran Stops Visas for Americans

CAIRO (AP) -- Iran's deputy foreign minister says Iran's "retaliatory decision" over Trump's initial travel ban is still in place.

The semi-official ISNA news agency is quoting Deputy Foreign Minister, Majid Takht-e Ravanchi as saying that the measures Iran implemented over the initial Trump executive order in January on U.S. entry is "still in force" and that there is "no need for a new decision."

Iran had previously said it would reciprocate by banning Americans from getting visas to Iran.

Ravanchi spoke a day after Trump signed the new order, which includes Iran and five other Muslim-majority countries.

The Iranian minister added that "currently we are witnessing a chaos in both domestic and foreign policies in the United States."

This time around, the executive order does not go into effect immediately and won't take effect until March 16, giving the world time to assess its impact.

(KA)