CHICKEN AND PEACH SALAD
Fresh peaches headline this simple and tasty recipe.
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
3 (6-ounce) chicken breasts
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup Peach Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups spring greens
1 large peach, sliced
1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sliced red onion
Fresh basil, torn into pieces
Preparation and Cooking:
1. Add chicken, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup Peach Vinaigrette to a bowl or an air-tight bag, tossing to coat. For best flavor and results, marinate overnight.
2. Preheat oven or grill to 350°F. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Sear chicken on both sides until a golden brown crust has formed (about 3 to 4 minutes per side).
4. Transfer chicken to the oven to finish cooking (about 10 minutes). Transfer chicken to a cutting board; allow to rest before slicing.
5. Arrange the salads: Divide spring greens, peaches, cucumber, red onion and fresh basil among four plates. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; top salad with chicken and remaining Peach Vinaigrette.
This quick, eight-ingredient vinaigrette is a tangy complement to the other ingredients in the salad.
TOTAL TIME: 5 Minutes
MAKES: 1 cup dressing
1 large firm peach, halved and pitted
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Using the large holes of a box grater, shred peach into small pieces. If you don't have a box grater, chop the skin and flesh into a fine pulp. Transfer to a jar with an air-tight lid.
2. Add remaining ingredients to jar. Cover and shake until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Taste; adjust seasonings, as needed.
(c) Copyright 2023 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.