Blueberry Pie Bars
These bars burst with blueberry flavor and can be enjoyed as a breakfast, dessert or simply an afternoon snack.
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
MAKES: 12 BARS
CRUST AND TOPPING:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed
1 large egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9- ×13-inch pan; line with parchment paper.
2. Crust and Topping: In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut butter and egg into flour mixture (the dough will be crumbly).
3. Gently press half of dough into bottom of the pan.
4. Filling: In another bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Mix in blueberries. Spread blueberry mixture evenly over crust; top with remaining dough.
5. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until top is slightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
(c) Copyright 2022 DTN, LLC. All rights reserved.